Welcome! If you are reading this, we are sure that you are someone, who finds making a positive impact in another person's life meaningful and worth devoting your time and energy! We understand that striking a perfect balance between doing something you feel passionate about and finding that organization cares enough to meet your practical requirements might not be as easy as getting your cup of joe in the morning! We believe that there are six universal human needs, and we at CABC strive to meet these needs for our team members.
- Certainty . Full-time and part-time positions are available. We know how frustrating it can be not to have stable or consistent work schedule, and we also offer flexible schedule for those who need it!
- Variety . While the nature of our work can be full of surprises brought by our adorable clients, we do not rely on any one particular strategies from ABA. We use them all! Besides the intervention services we provide, CABC also has Energizing, Supernova, and Illuminate committees for various company events.
- Significance . Every team member at CABC is an integral part of the team! We value feedback and aim to improve our customer service for our team members and clients.
- Connection . Being a community-based service provider, we understand that it can be difficult to feel connected to the team. Our Clinical Supervisors provide unrivaled support, i.e., they are in session with our Behavior Interventionists weekly. Additionally, each team member is equipped with an iPad for that instant connection via text, email, or voice.
- Growth . At CABC, investing in our team members' professional growth is one of our highest priorities! For those who are interested in becoming a BCBA, we have received provisional approval to become an intensive practicum site for Florida Institute of Technology (FIT) hybrid Master's Degree program in ABA. Furthermore, we provide the 40-hour training program and help you obtain the Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) credential.
- Contribution . By addressing the needs mentioned above, we believe that CABC is one of the ideal organizations for you to do what you do best, i.e., making a positive impact in a child's life!
CABC is currently seeking candidates to fill three (3) Behavior Interventionist positions to provide services in East Bay and South Bay Area. Qualified candidates are enthusiastic, focused, and driven to learn and devote themselves to a fulfilling career in the field of autism and applied behavior analysis. Experience working with special needs children is required.
The interventionist will implement the individualized treatment plan and create teaching opportunities to help the child learn various skills during structured yet interactive activities. The implementation of the treatment plan may occur at the home and/or in a variety of community settings. The interventionist will receive initial/on-going training and support by a Program Supervisor and supervision by Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA.)
The range of the hourly wage is from $18 to $21. Available hours are Monday through Friday and possibly Saturday, ranging from 20 to 40 hours a week. All qualified and interested applicants, please reply this posting with a copy of your cover letter and resume. For additional information, please check out our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/cabxconsulting.
Warning! The following information can be incredibly boring for some readers. Review it at your own risk!
Chang & Associates Behavior Consulting provides:
- Competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401(K) plan with matching for eligible part-time and full-time employees
- Tuition reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement the paid travel time
- Stable schedule and hours
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- Physical wellness program
- Initial/on-going paid training and on-site support/supervision
- BCBA supervised independent fieldwork/intensive practicum hours
- 40-hour training program for the RBT credential
- Fun, dynamic, and supportive organization culture
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of an individualized treatment plan based on ABA principles that increase communication, self-help, social and leisure, home living, functional academics, executive functioning, community access, health & safety, and/or employment skills.
- Implementation of a behavior intervention plan to address challenging behavior.
- Accurately record information on the child's progress.
- Submit documents without errors and promptly.
- Be punctual to the therapy session.
- Be courteous to the family members and/or other professionals, and represent CABC in a positive light.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum 1-year experience working with developmentally delayed children
- Knowledge in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Oral and writing skills necessary for documentation and communication with family members and children
- Positive outlook, enthusiasm, self-motivated and high energy
- Ability to work individually and also function as a part of a team
- Knowledgeable and skilled in computer/word processing software
- Being able to rely on email, spreadsheets, and the web to be an efficient and effective organization.
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) credential (preferred)
- Experience in working with nonverbal children (preferred)
- Knowledge in Crisis Prevention Intervention (preferred)
Physical Activity Requirements:
- Ability to lift, pull and/or push at least 30 lbs
- Ability to 1) physically bend, squat, extend arms, reach over shoulders and outward; 2) quickly alternate between kneeling, standing and/or to sitting; 3) sitting at a prolonged time
- Ability to sustain energy level that can keep up with active children
- A recent physical that verifies you meet the physical requirements of the job without reasonable accommodations.
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Education, or Special Education or related field. Candidates with incomplete degrees will be considered based on experience
- Valid CA Driver's License
- Proof of auto liability insurance
- Criminal (DOJ) fingerprint clearance
- Immunizations requirements
- Negative TB test results (completed within the last year)
- Proof of MMR immunity or vaccination
- Evidence of varicella immunity or vaccination
- Proof of Hep. B immunity, vaccination or declination of inoculation
- Pertussis immunity, vaccination or declination of inoculation
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disabilities, medical condition, age, or marital status.
- applied behavior analysis: 1 year